Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Paris, France

I'm in Paris, France! I'm doing well! I don't have much time to chat, unfortunately. I have to get ready for an overnight ferry tomorrow. But I thought I would give you a small catch up. It's hard to remember everything that I have done, so I'm just going to pull things out of my head, ha! They might not be in order.

In Amsterdam, we went to to a chocolate factory. It was a lot of fun. I got to assist the chef in making chocoloate! I got it all over me, but it was great.

We went to Grand Palace in Brussels, Belgium, a few days ago. It was one of the most beautiful places I've seen. My camera ran out of battery, so I couldn't take pictures! It was depressing, but hey, I still have the memories. I shopped a little.

We went on a tour of Bastogne, as well. I loved it. The whole city seems dedicated to perserving the history of the Battle of the Bulge. I learned a lot there. We went to a German soldier WWII cemetery, and I got really emotional. I think it's just the whole idea of people laying down their lives for something bigger kills me. When we go to Normandy, tomorrow, I'm probably going to cry, ha!

Notre Dame! We went there today. It is probably the most beautiful building I have ever seen. It is amazing. To think that 200 years went into constructing it is insane. I felt so content walking through it it. It's a fantastic archetectual feat, indeed.

We went to the Eiffel Tower today as well. It was so much fun! I have pictures, but I don't have time to post them at the moment. The view was amazing. We got a few guys who totally panicked over the hieght though. I worried for him. Suprisingly, I was fine. I got a lot of good pictures of Paris. I hope I get to share some with you.

We went to the Louvre. I could stay there all day. It was wonderful.

Okay, I have to get off now. I'm thinking of all you guys. Hope to post more.

Esther

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a fantastic time, I'm happy for you!

    I'm really looking forward to all of the stories and pictures when you get home.

    I'm glad you are having a good time.

    *hugs* Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awfully great big chunks of the world that you're seeing without me, baby girl. Keep enjoying every moment and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think is amazing the while David was on stage pretending that he was in Amsterdam, you were really there :) David read this blog, too, and is starting to think he would like to participate in the People to People program when he is old enough.

    When David went to the library program for Japan, Cori was wondering if you would be back in time to share your experiences in France at the library's "Trip to France" day.

    Can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete