Saturday, June 18, 2011

At UKSA

I am at the United Kingdom Sailing Academy, and having a blast. It's soo much fun here! We built rafts today, and it was great. We split into four diffenent teams, and we each had to build rafts using wood, surf boards, rope, and barrels. Then we had a relay race with our teams, which each split in half so we could relay, of course. It was lots of fun. We did a lot of other challenges, too. About five. My team was in last place, and we had to belly flop into the cold, cold, ocean water. It was amazing, ha! We also had a challengfe for the best team cheer, and we didn't have one so I totally winged it and had the others follow my lead. It actually worked out. Kind of. I sang slightly off key. Our teacher gave us a 7 out of 10 for our cheer. Not bad for something made on the spot. We are going to have dinner soon, so yes, I probably have to go. I thought I would share some pics with you though! Starting with Amsterdam, and I will see how far I get.

Me and some gals at the Amsterdam airport. We browsed the shops for a while, but I didn't actually get anything.
Our two delegations in the hay barn of the cheese factory we visited. My tiny head is visible in the background! It was so much fun there.

My cow. I adopted him from the cheese farm, I swear. His name is Minos. He winked at me.

Nice Dutch man making clogs. It was really interesting to watch.
The streets of Amsterdam.

A view of a house from a bridge. Amsterdam is full of bridges and canals.
Me and a friend in front of Anne Frank's home.

My pigeon. I adopted him in front of Anne Frank's house. His name is Walter. He glared at me.

Me, friends, and an Amsterdam park bench. (Look, mom, pictures of me!)
A view of a house from Amsterdam's canals.
A windmill! It really is Holland!

One of the few pics I got of Brussels.

Getting ready to eat some food, baby.
Grande Palace entrance, I believe.

Okay, out of time. I hope to post more soon!

Esther

2 comments:

  1. Pictures!!!! Those are wonderful pictures, sweet child. Ummm.....cute adopted animals that (fortunately) won't make it through customs. ;)
    Love you. Keep the pics coming if you get another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay,pictures! I love them. I like your adopted animals, especially the cow.

    I'm glad you're having a great time.
    Miss you,keep the pictures coming if you have time.

    ReplyDelete